July 7 - August 11, 2019
july 7 – august 11
Classical Tahoe celebrates its 8th season of classical music and jazz performances.
Under the direction of Conductor and Artistic Director Joel Revzen, the Classical Tahoe Orchestra brings together musicians from the Metropolitan Opera, Los Angeles and New York Philharmonics, Philadelphia Orchestra, the symphonies of San Francisco, Seattle, Dallas, Toronto, Vancouver, and other exceptional organizations.
Each musician is individually invited because of their unique artistry and experience. It’s a thrilling experience to hear an orchestra of this remarkable caliber in this intimate 400-seat concert pavilion, performing repertoire most often heard in a larger hall. The audience feels as if they are on-stage with the musicians.
In addition to the full orchestra concerts featuring guest soloist from across the globe, masterpieces of chamber music repertoire are performed each week. The Classical Tahoe Music Institute, inaugurated in 2018, offers dozens of multi-generational programs for music education, skill development, and appreciation to further inspire arts, culture and learning throughout the festival.
– Ansel Adams
- Felix Mendelssohn - Midsummer Night's Dream; Opus 61: - Scherzo
- W.A. Mozart - Symphony #36, K.425, C major \"Linz\" 4th movement; - Presto
- Ottorino Respighi - Antiche danze ed aria (Ancient Airs and Dances: Set III (1st movement) - (Based on lute music of the 16th century)
- W.A. Mozart - Symphony #38 K.504, D major \"Prague\" 2nd movement; - Andante
- Johannes Brahms - Serenade #2 op. 16, A major 5th movement; - Rondo: Allegro
- J.S. Bach - Orchestral Suite #2BWV1067 - Bandinerie Dmarre McGill, flute
- Ludwig Van Beethoven - Symphony #4 op. 60, B flat major 4th movement; - Allegro ma non troppo
- Igor Stravinsky - Concerto in E flat; \"Dumbarton Oaks\" - Tempo Giusto
- Dave Brubeck - Blue Rondo A La Turk - Chris Brubeck, piano