Caroline and her husband, Jim, have been passionate and enthusiastic supporters, volunteers, promoters and fundraisers for Classical Tahoe since its inception. They moved to Incline Village from Boston, MA nearly 20 years ago and are proud and grateful to be able to raise their daughters, Lily and Hattie, in this special mountain community. With a background in Music and Educational Psychology, Caroline has devoted her time to serving the youth throughout Lake Tahoe. For a decade, she facilitated Tahoe Expedition Academy’s K-12 Social Emotional Counseling Program. Additionally, she has volunteered in Incline Village’s school system as a grief counselor, mentor, and social emotional and academic coach. Caroline started her own business, Caroline’s Corner for Youth, (www.carolinescornerforyouth.org), where she helps children discover their super powers. With a strong affinity towards giving back to the community, Caroline is proud that over half of her clients are on a pro bono basis.
Caroline was trained as an opera singer and has continued performing as a hobby in musicals and choral productions with Sierra Nevada Choir, Boston Gospel Choir and Make-A-Wish Foundation. She is most proud of Paradise Lost where she performed as Eve. A list highlighting some of Caroline’s special solos and duets is included below.
Caroline received a BA in Classical Music and Psychology from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and a MA in Educational Psychology and School Counseling from the University of Nevada, Reno. She is a Life Coach and trained in Kimochi Curriculum, Restorative Practice, Social Thinking, Love and Logic, Grief and Loss, New Venture’s West Foundation of Coaching, Zone’s of Regulation and Reiki. She previously worked at Thompson Financial as an Instructional Guide in Boston, MA. Caroline is dedicated to supporting local arts and enjoys skiing with her family, hosting events, traveling and mostly connecting people together and building community.
Caroline is looking forward to the opportunity to serve the Classical Tahoe Board and to foster the continued growth of this magical music group to the local community and beyond.
Solos and Duets Performed by Caroline (in her adult life):
- “Adam oh Adam”, “The Most Perfect Day”, “A Miracle as Beautiful as Love”, “How About Them Apples”, “Darkness Darkness”, Paradise Lost, A Musical adaptation of John Milton’s epic poem by J.A Meyrelles and Donna Axton
- “What a Piece of Work is Man”, Hair by Galt MacDermot, James Rado and Gerome Ragni
- “For Good”, Wicked by Stephen Schwartz
- “I See the Light”, Tangled by Alan Menken and Glenn Slater
- “Hashivenu” by Doreen Rao
- “Make Believe”, “Why Do I Love You”, Show Boat by Jerome Kern and Oscar Hammerstein II
- “Let it Go”, Frozen by Kristen Anderson-Lopez, Robert Lopez, Christophe Beck and Christine Hals
- “On My Own”, “A Little Fall of Rain”, Les Miserables by Claude Michel Schonberg and Herbert Kretzmer
- “L’chi Lach” by Debbie Freedman
- “A Grown Up Christmas List” by David Foster and Linda Thomson
- “Wie Melodien Ziecht es Mir” by Franz Shubert
- “Colors of the Wind”, Pocahontas by Alan Menken and Stephen Schwartz
- “In His Eyes”, “Someone Like You”, Jekyl and Hyde by Frank Wildhorn and Leslie Bricusse
- “That Would Be Enough”, “Who Lives Who Dies, Who Tells Your Story”, Hamilton by Lin-Manuel Miranda