Classical Tahoe Music Institute Scholarship for Outstanding High School Musician
Classical Tahoe proudly awards the 2019 scholarship award to Kendall Hoopes. Kendall is a 2019 graduate of Incline High School and will continue his education at Truckee Meadows Community College where he plans on studying music. In addition to exemplifying the Incline High School pillar qualities of integrity, humanity and scholarship, Kendall is recognized for his originality, perseverance and musicianship.
Kendall Hoopes, keyboard, performed with the Incline High School Jazz Band. He cites Oscar Peterson, Herbie Hancock and Bill Evans as his influences.
Last summer, Kendall was a participant of the Classical Tahoe Music Institute Jazz Workshop with Chris Brubeck and a member of the inaugural Student Usher Program. Kendall is friendly and polite. His willingness to help with any task during a busy concert evening was greatly appreciated.
The Classical Tahoe Institute Scholarship for Outstanding High School Musician is a merit based Scholarship of $500 to be awarded annually through 2022.
- Applicant must exemplify the IHS qualities of Integrity, Humanity and Scholarship in addition to Musicianship.
- Applicant will have demonstrated leadership in the IHS Music Program and served as a music ambassador in the community.
- Applicant must be continuing to a two year or four year college program.
- Applicant will apply as part of the IHS Scholarship Application Process and fill out applications through the School. These applications are due by the end of February.
- The IHS Scholarship committee will determine which students meet the requirements for this scholarship and will present those applications to the CT Scholarship Committee for final determination.
2020 applications should be made through the IHS Scholarship Committee.