employment & volunteer opportunities
Classical Tahoe, an Incline Village-based non-profit arts organization, is as successful as the individuals that work to bring the annual event to the audiences. Below are current open positions working with on the festival’s 2018 season.
Box Office and Artistic Admin Assistant
Classical Tahoe, an Incline Village-based non-profit arts organization is seeking a high energy, motivated, and self-starting individual to administer the ticket program, provide customer service, general public relations, assist with sponsorship, marketing, and website/database maintenance, credit card processing, etc.
Position Description: Reporting to the Executive Director, the Administrative Assistant of Artistic Planning has duties primarily in office support, technology support, program, and marketing support, and project managing.
General office support: Serve as primary office greeter for visitors and phone calls; manage office calendar and special projects calendars; handle and direct incoming and outgoing mail, tech support, utilities (phone, internet), copy machine, project-specific experts (as needed); maintain office equipment; maintain office space tidiness; general office management needs as assigned.
- Customer Service: Provide excellent customer service in person and over the phone to attendees. Provide knowledgeable responses to questions regarding event dates, times, the price of tickets, etc.
- Recordkeeping: Process transactions, maintain accurate records. Manage seating charts for all concerts.
- Reporting: Generate weekly concert attendance reports for Executive Director.
- Support: Assist in submitting event permit application/s and mailings. Track and manage several special events throughout the year (romantic cooking class, Perlan event, Cigar night, and more) and other duties as assigned.
- Recruit, schedule, and train volunteers for the festival orchestra concerts and additional needs as needed.
Soloist Travel and Housing
- Liaise with soloist management to create itineraries and/or manage existing soloist itineraries.
- Arrange donor housing for soloists, accommodate soloist needs and special requests per contract.
- Provide all ground transportation to soloists during their stay in the Tahoe region (personal vehicle is an absolute requirement).
Rehearsal Refreshments for Orchestra
- Provide coffee, tea, and snacks for orchestra at each rehearsal break on the campus of Sierra Nevada College during the festival.
General staff support
- Manage the office calendar and order meeting food; maintain staff contact lists; support office staff as needed with photocopying, collating, mailing, scheduling, note taking, and correspondence.
Salesforce & Parton Manager support
- Support the deputy director with using Salesforce, Patron Manager, EMMA, Google Apps as well as the general info email account.
- Manage the organization’s tech support vendor and troubleshoot tech issues for staff when necessary.
- Monitor the Survey Monkey account for internal use.
- Support deputy director with special projects as designated by the executive director and/or the board of directors.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to manage multiple ongoing tasks.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills, including sense of humor and ability to remain calm under pressure.
- Proven ability to work independently and take initiative in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Knowledge of computer applications, including Mac, Windows, MS Word, MS Excel, and Google Apps.
- Commitment to working in a fast-paced nonprofit environment that also values work/life balance.
- Personal connection to the arts and music.
- BA in liberal arts, arts administration, education, fine arts, music, business or equivalent professional experience.
- Knowledge/experience with web-based software; preference for Salesforce, Parton Manager, EMMA, MailChimp and Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign) applications.
- Project management experience.
- Knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WordPress, LinkedIn) and best practices in the social media realm.
- Interest in professional development and growth.
This is a part-time, hourly position at 20 hours per week, with the option to move to fulltime from June-August 12, 2018. Salary range is $17 to $21.71 per hour dependent on experience. The nature of the position requires on-site presence for the work week. Interested applicants should submit a resume and a one-page cover letter by email to:
TO APPLY CONTACT:
Be part of an exceptional summer event, Classical Tahoe, an orchestra concert series that takes place in Incline Village, Nevada on the Sierra Nevada College campus.
We are currently seeking volunteers for our 2018 concert series taking place July 27 to August 12, 2018.
The Classical Tahoe orchestra is comprised of 50 virtuoso musicians invited from the great orchestras of North America and beyond, including the Metropolitan Opera Orchestra, the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the symphonies of San Francisco, Seattle, Vancouver, among others.
Volunteers are needed for the following dates and times:
Fridays, July 27, August 3 and August 10 from 5 to 9 PM
Saturday, July 28, August 4 and August 11 from 5 to 9 PM
Saturdays, July 29, August 5 and August 12 from 5 to 9 PM
Tuesdays, August 2 and August 9 from 5 to 9 PM
To volunteer, please fill out the required form online by clicking here.
Interested volunteers may also contact email@example.com or call the Classical Tahoe office at 775-298-0245 for more information.
Equal Employment Opportunity: Classical Tahoe is an equal opportunity employer that embraces a diverse, multicultural work environment. The Workshop does not discriminate in employment on the basis of an individual’s race, color, national origin, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, religion, religious creed, ancestry, age (except minors), marital status, medical condition and disability, and the other bases prohibited by law.