Patron Engagement Manager
Marketing & Development
Classical Tahoe’s Patron Engagement Manager oversees the communications and marketing, earned income and mid-level giving program, and event coordination to develop patron retention and loyalty. The position calls for creativity in delivering well-curated, highly engaging content, and exceptional customer service. The Director is responsible for $200,000+ in annual earned income and managing the mid-level giving portfolio of 50+ donors.
This individual will be an excellent writer and a natural storyteller with a passion for communicating about Classical Tahoe’s mission and impact. The position covers a broad range of responsibilities and is ideal for someone ambitious and self-driven, wanting to gain practical experience at a growing, fast-paced arts organization. The ideal person is collaborative, strategic, optimistic, and able to manage multiple projects at once and respond to changing and new projects and priorities with patience and confidence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Communications & Marketing
- Oversee all organization communications and ensure messaging is on brand and engaging to all audience segments
- Co-develop annual marketing strategy with the Executive Director
- Develop and manage the annual marketing budget, including marketing grant writing/fulfillment/reporting.
- Ensure the patron experience is aesthetically and functionally optimized across all platforms, audiences, and venues.
- Administrator of the Salesforce Patron Manager database including sales reports; maintaining proper data hygiene; building events for sale; integration with MailChimp and other platforms
- Manage, track and report on analytics across platforms, and use findings to inform strategy
- Establish collaborative partnerships with other arts and community organizations to generate awareness, increase engagement, and generate revenue.
- Work with photographers, filmmakers, and videographers to capture assets and create visual content
Earned Income and Mid-Level Giving
- Primary concierge providing superior customer service
- Works closely with the Executive Director to develop pricing strategies and forecast revenues consistent with achieving maximum capacity and budget goals
- Initiate subscription, individual, and group campaigns to achieve annual sales goal
- Manage and grow a portfolio of mid-level donors who contribute up to $4,999
- Responsible for meaningful cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of mid-level donors with a focus on donors with the potential to increase their giving to a major gift level.
- Produce and analyze weekly ticket sales reports, Google Analytics, email campaign performance, social media, and development/fundraising status
- Supervise all box office operations, including hiring, training, scheduling of seasonal staff. Take ultimate responsibility for the organization’s exceptional customer service experiences.
Event Concierge and Administration
- Event coordination with a focus on engaging those capable of upgrading through the patron pyramid lifecycle
- Serve as primary event concierge providing information, managing ticket requests and RSVPs, and follow up
- Attend and staff board and committee meetings, weekly mail pick up and processing, manage and ordering office supplies, and making bank deposits.
- Recruit and develop Classical Tahoe’s event volunteer network
Qualifications to be successful:
- 5-10 years professional experience
- Excellent communication and copywriting skills
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with a demonstrated ability to work independently, balance, and prioritize a high volume of projects and activities
- Basic design and web editing skills; experience with WordPress, ability and desire to grow analytical skills utilizing tools such as Google Analytics, Adwords, Facebook Insights, and Patron Manager functionality
- A high level of knowledge of current and emerging trends in social media, and ability/desire to maintain and expand knowledge as trends change
- Must work well in a high-pressure environment with many deadlines and demands, sometimes competing from different areas within the organization
Classical Tahoe brings 70 virtuosi musicians from the top orchestras across America to Lake Tahoe each summer to collaborate with world-class conductors and soloists for three weeks of orchestra and chamber music concerts in stunning settings on Lake Tahoe’s North Shore. The intersection of so many top-level players is incredibly unique with musicians representing the LA Phil, NY Phil, Met Orchestra, Cleveland Orchestra, symphonies of San Francisco, Dallas, Seattle, Detroit, Toronto, SF Ballet, SF Opera, and more. Classical Tahoe celebrates its 11th Anniversary season in 2022, with six orchestra concerts in the Classical Tahoe Pavilion on the campus of Sierra Nevada University, North Lake Tahoe, NV. The Classical Tahoe Music Institute provides education and engagement for students and music lovers of all ages. Major Institute programs include the Classical Tahoe/Sphinx Fellows, Brubeck Jazz Summit, Truckee & Incline High Schools Jazz Workshop, Family Concert and Music Maker’s Faire, and more. A partnership with PBS Reno broadcast Classical Tahoe’s 2020 and 2021 Festivals via livestream and a six-episode series ensuring concerts are accessible to viewers around the globe.
How to Apply:
Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line: Patron Engagement Manager Position.